Facilitator: : John C. Mannone
New Members: Open
To provide writing opportunities for poets & writers to create drafts from a variety of prompts in a small group setting. Whether for the sheer joy of writing, or to overcome writer’s block, participants write in short blocks of time and then share their work if desired.
- Bring your own pen & paper (some prefer a laptop but try to sequester the clacking noise).
- The facilitator will offer a variety of prompts (including visual, aural and tactile). The prompts are sufficiently textured with options and are suitable for all literary genres: fiction, literary nonfiction, poetry, and plays.
- We write for 8 minutes, share our work (without critique) if desired, engage in a short discussion, and repeat the process 3-4 times. We usually come away with encouraging drafts (some of which have led to publication after necessary revisions).
- The reorganized group was launched in August 2016. We meet from 6:30 – 8:30 pm in the community room at Earth Fare in Turkey Creek on the second Wednesday of each month.
- Come early so that we can socialize, order something to eat/drink and hear announcements and make introductions.
- This group is open to all active KWG members and is regularly attended by 4-7 folks.
- Contact John (email@example.com) to answer further questions and/or to request being added to our email list.
- Come and have fun!