Knoxville Writers’ Guild seeks someone to be a publicist and web content manager. A high-energy, fun job that requires creativity and attention to detail. Experience required. Pay: $200 monthly.
This person will:
- Oversee publicity and promotion of KWG and all its events.
- Write press releases for KWG events (monthly meetings, workshops, contests, and special events).
- Post press releases on KWG website, social media including Facebook (KWG group and other local groups), and various public websites.
- Send releases to media outlets.
- Maintain media contact database.
- Periodically place ads with outlets like WUOT and the Mercury.
- Explore new avenues for promoting the KWG.
- Attend monthly KWG board meetings, quarterly board retreats, and monthly Communications Committee meetings.
- Other additional publicity agreed upon by the publicist and board, as KWG needs change.
Web content coordinator:
- Work with our webmaster and designer to maintain an inviting, user-friendly, and accurate website.
- Write and post updated content – meetings, events, election notices, contests, blog posts.
- Maintain KWG calendar.
- Spotlight special events, contests, and opportunities, KWG procedure matters (e.g. elections).
- Place ads on the website
- Prioritize web content to highlight key events (especially money-making events) and remove duplicate items.
Send resume and cover letter to Kelly Norrell at email@example.com